By David Howell - January 14th, 2015
The latest research from Pew reveals that social media continues to expand its influence.
- Facebook users are highly engaged with the platform. Fully 70% say they use Facebook daily (including 45% who do so several times a day), a significant increase from the 63% who visited daily in August 2013. Some 17% visit Facebook weekly, while 12% of users log on less often.
- Most Facebook users are actively engaging with their networks on the site. As opposed to simply reading or viewing content, 65% of Facebook users frequently or sometimes share, post or comment on Facebook.Multi-platform use is on the rise: 52% of online adults now use two or more social media sites, a significant increase from 2013, when it stood at 42% of internet users.
- For the first time, more than half of all online adults 65 and older (56%) use Facebook. This represents 31% of all seniors.
- For the first time, roughly half of internet-using young adults aged 18-29 (53%) use Instagram. And half of all Instagram users (49%) use the site daily.
- For the first time, the share of internet users with college educations using LinkedIn reached 50%.
- Women dominate Pinterest: 42% of online women now use the platform, compared with 13% of online men.
June 2015, New York
With over 50 expert speakers (including 15 CMOs and CCOs) from the world’s most social brands, and 300+ of your corporate peers in attendance, #CSMNY offers unrivaled learning, networking and benchmarking opportunities. It is truly THE social media event of year.Brochure Programme