By Liam Dowd - December 17th, 2014
Why social media networks are under attack. US digital media snapshot for 2015, and digital marketing trends for next year.
55% of Internet users would advocate a brand if they received some form of reward in return.
Social media networks under attack
- There are three main categories of security threats including unauthorized accounts, social account compromises, and harmful content.
- On average, two out of five (40%) Facebook accounts claiming to represent a Fortune 100 brand are unauthorized.
- On average, one out of five (20%) Twitter accounts claiming to represent a Fortune 100 brand are similarly unauthorized.
- In aggregate, Fortune 100 brands are experiencing at least one compromise per business day on their social media channels.
- Social media spam grew sevenfold since mid-2013 when the previous “State of Social Media Spam” report was released.