By Liam Dowd - November 26th, 2014
Why entertaining social content sells. How McDonalds is an expert social business and how does your corporation know its social media activity is successful?
- 47% of consumers say that the Internet is their favourite shopping destination.
- 52% of consumers say that access to exclusive products would influence them to complete a purchase on a social networking site (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) this holiday season.
- 25% of shoppers say easy-to-use mobile websites is an important factor in their decision to shop with a specific retailer.
Entertain to sell
- Unlike hangout spots of old, there is a legitimate space for brands online. To find a welcomed way into this space and conversation, focus on showing the brand’s human side and personalizing messaging as much as possible.
- Convey how the brand cares about things that matter to youth in a casual and friendly way. Respect must be earned. One way to do that is to highlight how the brand offers a useful service or provide the entertainment and humour that this generation so deeply values.
- Brands should create content that appeals to the values of young people and reflects the image they want to share online.