By David Howell - January 21st, 2015
Retargeting in 2015 will become more understood and play an increasingly central role in a holistic approach to social media marketing.
- CPM cost of News Feed ad impressions on mobile is 57% lower than News Feed impressions on desktop, and mobile ads generate a 10% higher CTR. This results in a 61% lower CPC for ads in the News Feed on mobile compared to the News Feed on desktop.
- As a complementary channel, mobile adds an average of 3.8% incremental conversions to an existing retargeting mix of web and News Feed on desktop.
- Much like News Feed on desktop, mobile is ideal for driving direct response through promotions and content marketing. By adding mobile to an existing campaign mix of web retargeting and News Feed ads on desktop, advertisers see on average 29% more clicks.
- Mobile grew from 0% of impressions on the News Feed to 6.51%. In the sample we studied, mobile ads through WCA now account for 8.25% of all News Feed clicks.
- By layering News Feed campaigns on desktop onto web retargeting, advertisers serve on average 5.7% more impressions and get an impressive 53% more clicks.
- The apparel, beauty, and technology industries have had the quickest adoption of mobile ad sizes, while media and entertainment serve the highest-performing mobile campaigns.
June 2015, New York
With over 50 expert speakers (including 15 CMOs and CCOs) from the world’s most social brands, and 300+ of your corporate peers in attendance, #CSMNY offers unrivaled learning, networking and benchmarking opportunities. It is truly THE social media event of year.Brochure Programme